Today we are very excited to release a big update for how you interact with your vendors and purchases. We have also made several new quality of life improvements to the system that you can read about at the bottom of this post.
Just like your customers and inventory items, we realize that it is vital to keep track of the vendors that you purchase your inventory from, so we have added a new tab where you can begin to enter your vendor information, the Vendors tab. You can create and manage your vendors just like you do with everything else within CloudBridal.
Adding the concept of vendors into CloudBridal has allowed us to also implement the ability to manage purchase orders for vendors. Once you have received orders from your customers, you can enter the purchase orders mode simply by clicking the Begin Purchase Orders button in the vendors page.
The default settings will display all New orders grouped by vendor, but you can also limit the orders to a specific wedding date so that you are not ordering dresses too far in advance. Additionally, you can also select specific vendors if you don’t want to see everything at once.
Once you’re ready, clicking the Begin button will display all of your purchase orders in a convenient and easy to read format. These purchase orders are grouped by vendor so that you can place all of a vendor’s orders at the same time. If you have entered information for a vendor such as their URL, phone, and email, you will also see that information by their name. Finally, you have the option to Mark Selected as Ordered, which will automatically update each order that you’ve selected with the Ordered status so that you don’t have to make changes to these orders individually.
- Orders have been given a new look in the customer details page to make it easier to interpret an order.
- When creating a work order, selecting a seamstress will now display how many active work orders they are assigned to up to the work order’s due date. This is to make it easier to understand the availability of a seamstress when assigning them work orders.
- Added Disposed Reason on an inventory item record. This displays when an inventory item is marked as disposed, and allows you to check the reason for disposal. Disposed reasons can be configured in Settings > Inventory Items.
- Non-dress orders and inventory items now now also have a Color and Size field, just like how dresses work.
- When placing an order for a customer, the inventory item’s price is now automatically loaded as the default order amount.
- Added day of week to appointment calendar date label.
- Now displaying customer type in appointment calendar for follow-up appointments.
- Added a View Customer Details button when viewing appointment details for follow-up appointments that links to the customer record.
- Added a new work order setting: Default Due Date (Days Before Wedding Date). Setting this will automatically populate a work order’s due date based on the customer’s wedding date.
- Customers can no longer cancel follow-up appointments. These can now only be managed by staff.
- The Created and Updated dates available on several types of records now uses an icon that you can hover over to see those details. This was done to simplify the interface.