This documentation refers to customer orders. If you are looking for documentation on vendor purchase orders, please click this link.
To create an order, you must first have created an inventory item and a customer/prospect. Afterward, all you need to do is click the New Order button on the customer’s profile page, which will open up the interface to create their order.The initial interface that loads when you start a new order.
At this point, you have to select the Order Type, which is one of Dress, Accessory, Veil, Other,or Childrenswear. Within CloudBridal, the Dress type is the primary order type and will contain many fields that other types do not have such as measurements. CloudBridal has many fields that are displayed out of the box:
- Order Type: explained above
- Seamstress: Dress type only, the seamstress who will work on the order
- Order Status: The current progress on the customer’s order
- Ordered by Customer Date: The date when the customer placed the order. Only displays in the New status.
- Ordered by Store Date: The date when the store ordered the item from the vendor. Only displays in the Ordered status.
- Expected Arrival Date: The date when the item is expected to arrive from the vendor. Only displays in the Ordered status.
- Arrival Date: The date when the item actually arrived. Only displays in the _Arrived_status.
- Work Completed Date: The date when all work is completed on the order and it is ready to be picked up. Only displays in the Work Completed status.
- Picked Up Date: The date when the order was picked up by the customer. Only displays in the Picked up by Customer status.
- Cancelled Date: The date when the order was cancelled. Only displays in the Cancelled status.
- Style: The style ID of a dress. Only displays for Dress orders.
- Item Name: The name of the item. Only displays for Non-Dress orders.
- Color: The item’s color.
- Size: The item’s size.
- Comments: Internal notes about the order.
- Measurements: The various measurements of a dress. Only displays for Dress orders. It is possible to set up custom measurement fields.
- Price: The retail price that the customer must pay for the item.
- Discount: The amount of a discount to apply to the order. Either a currency amount or a percentage amount. E.g. $100 or 20%.
- Total Calculated Tax: This is a calculated field, so you cannot manually change the tax.
- Other Prices: You can set the price for alterations (Dress only), additional work, and additional fees. You can also set comments for each of these fees to elaborate on the fee.
- Apply Additional Fees to Purchase Order: This checkbox will only display if you have enabled the Purchase Orders feature and have entered a value into the Additional Fees Price field. By checking this, you can apply any amount of those fees to the future purchase order that is created for this order.
When you create the order, you will see it added to the Orders section of the customer’s profile. Clicking on it will allow you to make changes to the order. Orders follow a status-based flow, starting in the New status when a customer places the order and ending with the Picked Up status. In order to keep track of all of your orders grouped by their status, you can navigate to your list of orders. The list of orders, which are grouped by the Order Status.
Keeping track of your orders in this way will make you much more organized and on top of what you need to do at any given time.