You can block time off in the appointment calendar if you would like to make sure that clients are not able to book appointments during that time. This is useful if you are taking a vacation or if you are not available for appointments during a certain time of the day. Additionally, you can create a store-wide block for events such as holidays, which is a convenient way to block off all your schedules at the same time.
Holidays and Store Closure
To mark your store as closed, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Appointments Calendar page, and go to the day you want to block off.
- At the top of the day, you will see a Notes section. Click anywhere in this section to open a dialog window for managing that day.
- Tick the Mark Store Closed checkbox, and click Save.
This will block off all of your schedules for that day at the same time.
Individual Schedule Blocks
To block off a specific schedule, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Appointments Calendar page, and go to the day you want to create a schedule block for.
- Click in the day, and select the Create Schedule Block option.
- Select the time range you want to block off, and then select the schedule you want to block off.
- Click Save.
This will block off the selected schedule for a selected period of time. If you are running simultaneous schedules, this option allows you to run at reduced capacity, which is handy if someone needs to take the day off.