2023 Release Notes and Update History
- Added new capabilities to manage Rentals. This is only available for the Ultimate plan, and can be enabled in the Order Settings. This gives you the ability to create a rental order, and will track new data points such as the reservation range, rental status, and so on. This will also enable overdue rental alerts, as well as a new rentals report.
- Enhanced the Twilio integration by adding automatic appointment reminder SMS messages as well as removing the 150 character limit from SMS messages. Note: Be aware that these new features are only available if you bring your own number, which you can read more about here. You can enable the Twilio integration in the Twilio Settings.
- Fixed issue where you could not resend the invitation to pre-register for customers who automatically have a profile created for them.
- Fixed issue where the receipt could occasionally display 'NaN' instead of '0' for currency values.
- Added new data filtering capabilities for the Inventory, Customers, and Appointments pages. The previous sidebar-based filters are removed in favor of filters that you can open by clicking the filters area underneath the search bar. This now allows you to Save or Load filter presets, and comes with a host of new filters specifically for the Inventory page.
- You may now mark custom inventory item types as a 'Dress' type in the Inventory Settings. This allows you to create special dress categories instead of using the default 'Dress' system type.
- In the Appointment Settings, you can now set scheduler color for appointment types! Previously, you could only set the color for appointment resources. Note that if you set a color on both the appointment type and the appointment resource, the scheduler will prioritize the appointment type color.
- In the Receipt Settings, you may now configure receipts to display a tax-inclusive 'Total' column instead of just the tax-exclusive 'Subtotal' column that currently exists.
- Receipts that contain multi-item orders will now break down each item in the multi-item order into its own separate line item instead of combining them, making things like discounts and prices easier to understand.
- Various minor UI improvements.
- Fixed issue where the appointment calendar would erroneously display a loading indicator after confirming an appointment.
- Fixed issue where percentage-based discounts did not apply correctly to sub-orders when using the 'Apply Discounts After Tax' environment setting.
- Added Twilio integration. CloudBridal has always used Twilio internally for SMS messaging, but the new Twilio integration allows you to bring your own Twilio account. This is useful if you would like to have full control over your phone number for things like call forwarding, voice prompts, or bringing your existing phone number. This integration can be configured in the Twilio Settings page.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- The 'Favorite Items' functionality received an overhaul, as this is now a dedicated module on the prospect/customer profile page. You are now able to see images for the favorite items, view their item details, the last quoted price, and more.
- Added AI-powered text generation capabilities to the rich text field, only available on the Ultimate plan. Clicking the blue AI button opens up a dialog window that allows you to either generate a message based on a prompt, or to tidy up the existing text within the field to improve the overall readability and grammar.
- The rich text fields throughout the app now have the ability to edit the source directly, allowing users to have full control over the HTML code if they need to make specific tweaks such as adding an image.
- Various improvements to overall user experience, styling, and fixes througout the app.
- You can now override the global appointment emails with specific emails based on the appointment type. For example, if you have different text you'd like to use for a fitting, or a first-time bridal appointment, you can do so now by editing the respective appointment type in the Appointment Settings. Then just click on the Email Settings tab, and set your text accordingly.
- Added the ability to configure CloudBridal to automatically create prospect records when a client's first-time appointment is confirmed. This can be enabled in the Appointment Settings.
- Added the ability to set the color of the top nav bar in the General Settings.
- If you associate a sales agreement with a receipt template in the Receipt Settings, you now have the option of disabling the page break functionality by unchecking the "Include Page Break Between Receipt and Sales Agreement" checkbox. This will allow you to print the receipt and sales agreement on the same page.
- Added ability to capture a client's credit card information as a staff member when manually booking an appointment. This works for both charged appointments, as well as reserved appointments.
- Improved appointment scheduler color customization options. Specifically, you can now set the following colors in the Appointment Settings:
- Primary Color: This controls several elements such as the button colors, as well as the input field outline colors.
- Menu Item Highlight Color: This controls the highlight color when the client selects either an appointment type, or a slot.
- Added a new module, the Client Portal. This module is only available for Ultimate plan subscribers. You can view more information in the help documentation article here for details.
- The automated emails tool has been updated with 5 new events, each of which gives you the ability to send an email automatically X days after the order status is changed to the new status.
- Order Status Changed: Ordered
- Order Status Changed: Arrived
- Order Status Changed: Work Completed
- Order Status Changed: Picked Up
- Order Status Changed: Cancelled
- Added the ability to set a "Buffer Time in Minutes" to an appointment type. This gives a convenient way to automatically set up small buffer windows after an appointment where you can catch a break. You could previously do this using the "Select Detailed Availability" tool, but that required manually selecting each time slot.