- The appointment scheduler now supports waitlisting! This means that if an appointment slot for a specific day has been booked, an incoming client can add themselves to the waitlist for either that specific slot or for the entire day if they're flexible. This works seamlessly with your appointment calendar, and the calendar will automatically inform you if a waitlisted slot has opened up. You can also view waitlist requests for each day, even if they are not open. Note that paid appointments do not support waitlisting. The feature is enabled by default, but you can turn it off by unchecking the Enable appointment slot waitlist checkbox in the Appointment Settings.
- Many enhancements have been added to the appointment process. One of the biggest conveniences is that you are now prompted to select an Appointment Slot rather than manually having to select the Start/End time for an appointment. This allows you to visually see your optimal slots, and also which slots are available for booking. Don't worry if you need to override the slot with a manual time though, because you can edit the Start/End time just as before if you'd like.
- In the SMS Message Center, you now have a Mark As Read button for unread appointments. This saves you from having to click into the SMS message for messages that you don't need to reply to.
- SMS messages have received an overhaul with the new SMS Message Center. Rather than your messages showing up as alerts on the dashboard which disappear when you view them, you will now be able to view your messages all in one place through the message center. To access the message center, you simply need to click on the comment icon in the top navigation bar. This is where you can review new messages, reply to them, and also view older messages if you need to follow up. Initiating messages is still done either through the customer/prospect profile, or through an appointment for prospects that do not yet have a profile.
- If your inventory items are entered tax-exclusive, you will now see a helpful "Post-Tax" calculation appear underneath the wholesale and retail prices.
- The dashboard order amount received/outstanding calculations now take into account off-the-shelf orders.
- Added ability to set custom email body content for purchase order emails that are sent to vendors in the Purchase Order Settings.
- Added ability to toggle the Customer Name and Event Date fields so that they are displayed in the vendor purchase view in the Purchase Order Settings. By default, these are turned off. Additionally, you can also include Order Custom Fields, as long as they are marked with the Show When Printing option.
- The Internal Notes and Notes to Vendor fields of a purchase order are now rich text fields. This allows you to provide well-formatted instructions to your vendors when printing the vendor purchase order invoice.
- The Reports section has several new improvements. First, the usability of the tool has been improved, with each report providing a description of what kind of data the report provides. Additionally, the Customers/Prospects Registered report and the Orders Created report now allow you to filter the data by additional parameters. For example, you can now run a report based on the Event Date of customers, allowing you to get a list of all your customers where their event date falls within a date range.
- We have added real-time SMS message notifications! This means that when a customer or prospect replies to one of your messages, you will receive an in-app notification to inform you. Additionally, we have updated the alert icon that displays over the Dashboard menu item to create a distinction between an SMS message notification and all other alert types, making it so you don't have to check the Dashboard for SMS messages unless you see the new icon.
- Appointments can now be tagged with custom tags. This feature allows you to define your own list of tags (e.g. High Priority, Follow Up, etc.) which you can then apply to an appointment as needed. Each tag you define can also have its own calendar color, meaning you can override the default color for an appointment type with the tag's color. You can also use the Show Filters button on the top right of the calendar to filter the visible appointments by a specific tag.
- Appointments now have a proper distinction between "First-Time" and "Follow-Up" appointments. First-Time appointments are intended for your prospects who are not registered with your store yet and who are coming in for their initial visit. On the other hand, follow-Up appointments are intended for prospects or customers who are registered and have a profile in the system, and who are coming in for an appointment such as a fitting. With these changes, you can now also have distinct custom fields between first-time and follow-up appointments, which you can manage in the Field Setup section of the Appointment Settings. This is helpful to allow you to ask additional questions for a customer's first-time appointment without having those same questions appear in the follow-up form where they are irrelevant.
- It is now possible to hide the "Additional Questions" field on an appointment if you don't wish to use it through the Field Setup section of the Appointment Settings.
- Added ability to manually archive customers/prospects. This is done through the new icon that replaces the old trash icon in the customers/prospects table. You are now given the option to either archive or delete the record. Note that automatic archiving still works as it did before, which is configurable in the Customer Settings, but this allows you to get a bit more control over the process.
- You can now set an Email Subject for email templates. Previously, it would always display "Bridal Shop Name Name - New Message", but you can now change this to something that is more targeted to the message's intent. You can also set the email subject manually through the Send Email process.
- Added new dynamic field for templates: Customer Mailing Address. This can be used in the various templates available in the settings.
- Added back the "Event Date" column in the customers/prospects, which restores the ability to sort the data by this column.
- Added "Amount Paid" column to the Orders Created report, which sums the customer's payment amounts for that order.
- Added "Resulted in Sale" column to the Appointments report. This follows the same logic as the red/green credit card icon in the appointment calendar, but in a convenient reporting format. Follow-up appointments will display a '-' character, as this is not relevant for follow-ups.
- Change to CloudBridal billing/subscription process: Updating an expired or invalid credit card in the Subscription Settings will now automatically attempt to pay a past-due invoice for the subscription. This means that if you accidentally get locked out of your account due to the monthly subscription charge not going through, you will be able to restore access right away instead of waiting for our support team to assist you.
- Added a new inventory viewing mode: Visual Mode! You can now swap between Data Mode (the default view) and Visual Mode, and CloudBridal will remember your preference. Just as the name implies, this new mode lets you see a visual view of your inventory, where you can see pictures of your dresses right in CloudBridal (as long as you've uploaded pictures for the dresses). This mode is also focused around sales consultations, so it displays relevant information like the retail price, dress attributes, and more. You can even filter the inventory on important data points like budget, which makes it easy to use in real time during a sales appointment.
- Added new inventory filtering capabilities by the following fields: Item Type, Customer Type, Min Retail Price, Max Retail Price, Year, and Season.
- Added a new feature module: Prom Registry. This lets you easily keep track of which schools/venues you have sold a specific prom dress to, and will even prevent you from selling a dress to the same school in a single prom season. This feature is automatically enabled for shops that serve the Prom customer type and are on the Ultimate plan. This can be configured in the Prom Registry Settings.
- Added the ability to set a default email signature that is appended to the bottom of all emails that go out to a customer from CloudBridal. This is useful if you have some common content such as the shop's name, address, phone number, etc. This can be configured in the General Settings.
- Redesigned the customer profile page. The redesign is intended to give you a much more comprehensive overview of the customer than before. The new and efficient 2-column layout separates each individual element of a customer's journey into an individual section. Customer communications are also now brought to the forefront, making it easier than before to get a glimpse of your SMS messages and emails. Finally, the list of orders now includes the % paid column from the main orders table.
- Improved typography throughout the application, and reduced default font size in emails.
- Added new report: SMS Messages. This report allows you to retrieve a history of all of your SMS communications with your customers.
- Added new report: Emails. This report allows you to retrieve a history of emails that are sent from CloudBridal. This includes both emails that you manually send, as well as system-generated emails such as appointment reminders. Note that the contents of the emails are not included in the report.
- The Customers Registered report now includes a Notes column.
- Added support for registering and/or signing in with a Google account. Existing CloudBridal accounts sign in through Google as long as the Google account matches the CloudBridal email address. For additional security, after signing in with Google, you can visit Your Profile and check the Enforce Google Sign In checkbox, which ensures that only your Google account can be used to sign into CloudBridal
- Improved visual design of appointment status icons in the appointment calendar. In addition to the design, these icons will now only be displayed when relevant. For example, if an appointment's date has passed, it will no longer display the icons that alert you about the customer's registration status.
- Added new appointment calendar status icon: Sale Indicator. This displays a "cash register" icon which is green when the appointment resulted in a sale, and red when the appointment did not result in a sale. This is meant to provide a quick visual indicator of past appointment sales performance. As noted, this indicator only displays for appointments in the past, and will only display for the first appointment for that customer. This indicator also only works in the "Week" and "Day" views due to performance degradation in the "Month" view.
- Improved mobile usability for customer orders page
- Fixed issue where the Color dropdown did not correctly populate in the new customer order form
- Emails that are sent to customers will now have the bridal shop's name in the From field. Previously, emails appeared to originate from "CloudBridal", which could confuse customers into thinking the email is spam.
- Added ability to filter appointments by the "Follow-up Type" field. This is done through the Show Filters button on the appointments calendar page.
- Follow-up appointments will now take into consideration the customer's type when displaying the list of selectable appointment types. Example: if you have a "Bridal" appointment type that you've associated the "Bride" customer type to in the appointment settings, a "Bridesmaid" customer will no longer allow the "Bridal" appointment type to be selected, because the customer type does not match.
- The much-requested ability to create orders with multiple items is here! This is extremely useful for customers that place orders for multiple items at the same time, such as a dress and a veil. The main benefit is that payments are applied to the entire multi-item order, rather than the previous way in which you had to create separate payments for each order. This also simplifies things like payment plans, as you can now track these payments over a single grand total amount. To begin using multi-item orders, simply add a new Detailed Order, and then just use the Add Item button in the tabbed view to add items to the customer's order.
- Added concept of Receipt & Quote Templates. Previously, there was only a single receipt/quote template that would apply across the board, but now you can create as many as you want. This can be useful if you would like to generate different receipt types for different customers. For example, brides may require a more detailed receipt that includes a sales agreement, whereas other customer types may only require a basic receipt. These templates can also now be previewed directly in the settings, so you can preview your changes to the settings right away.
- Added Sales Agreements. This replaces the previous Terms & Conditions feature that was part of the receipt generation process. Sales agreements can be managed in the new Template Settings, where you can define dynamic sales agreements. Since they are dynamic, you can insert many fields such as a customer's name, order price, and even your custom fields into the agreement. These dynamic fields will be filled in appropriately when you generate a sales agreement for a customer's order. You can also associate a sales agreement with a receipt template, so you can still conveniently generate both a receipt and a sales agreement at the same time.
- Email Templates have also been given an upgrade, and they can now be managed in the Template Settings. Previously, email templates only allowed you to insert a small selection of dynamic fields, but you can now insert custom fields as well as various generic fields such as a date field.
- The Customers and Prospects data tables have been significantly tweaked, and now include a Status Summary column which gives you a high level overview of each customer/prospect. You will be able to see upcoming and previous appointments, order summaries, and the assigned staff member. This provides a much easier way to get a quick idea of a person's status without having to go into their detailed record.
- Many of the data tables throughout CloudBridal have been given visual tweaks. The more complicated tables now have an alternating color pattern for rows to make it much more easy to understand which data is part of which row.
- Added new QuickBooks Online integration mode: Exporting Orders As Invoices. Previously, CloudBridal only supported Exporting Payments As Sales Receipts, which is an export type that is suited to taking payments in CloudBridal and then exporting them to QBO. On the other hand, the new export type is useful if you wish to input orders in CloudBridal, but then to handle payments in QuickBooks, as the CloudBridal orders will be exported as open QuickBooks invoices.
- Tax and discount amounts are now stable, which means that it is now safe to change the Apply Discounts After Tax setting or any of the tax percentages without impacting any orders placed in the past.
- The system will now validate that an email is correctly formatted when any of the following types are saved: Customer/Prospect, Appointment, and Vendor. This will help prevent issues where someone mistypes an email address.
- It is now possible to set a custom color for appointment resources instead of being limited to a selection of colors.
- Added the Display Grouped Settings toggle to the bottom of the settings menu that allows you to switch between a grouped view of the settings tabs and a view that displays all tabs.
- Added Created Date column to the table of customers.
- Fixed bug where order/measurement custom fields do not display in the new combined order receipt mode.
- Fixed bug where searching for an order by a the customer's name would sometimes display no results.
- Fixed bug where sortable columns in various data tables throughout the application did not work consistently.
- Added several improvements to customer receipt generation. Clicking the Create Receipt button will now open a new Receipt Settings dialog, which will present you with several options. By default, this settings dialog will be configured to generate a receipt for all of a customer's orders in a new combined format, which consolidates all of a customer's orders and payment summary into a single section. If you would like to change the default back to the previous style of receipt, you can do so in the settings by updating the Default Multi-Order Display Mode setting. The new receipt settings dialog will also give you the ability to omit your Terms & Conditions page, which is useful when generating subsequent receipts for a customer.
- Added new inventory setting: Apply Discounts After Tax. Enabling this setting will apply any discounts on the customer's order on the after-tax price, rather than the before-tax price. This may be particularly useful for customers who already use the Prices Include Tax option (e.g. customers in the UK), as this will make it much easier to apply discounts based on the price that is advertised to the customer.
- Added support for Off-the-Shelf orders. These kinds of orders are intended for quick transactions where a customer simply buys an item directly off your shelf. This type of order only requires selecting a style/item, and then selecting a variety of that item from your inventory. By default, it will even automatically create a payment record for that order so you don't have to create a separate record manually. In addition, this type of order will also update your inventory quantity accordingly.
- When printing a Combined Receipt for multiple orders, the top section will now contain the grand total amounts between all of the orders in the combined receipt. This includes the grand total price, the total amount paid, and the total outstanding amount.
- The search input field on the various list pages (Customers, Orders, etc.) is now clearable by clicking the X button.
- Fixed a bug where the QuickBooks integration could not be initialized.
- Email templates just got a lot more convenient with the new Dynamic Text feature. This feature allows you to insert any of the following customer placeholders in an email template: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number, and Customer Type. These placeholders will automatically resolve to the customer's actual data when generating an email through a template, making it much easier to customize your emails.
- The following pages now have a new mechanism for filtering data: Appointments, Customers, Prospects, and Inventory Items. Rather than filters appearing at the top of the page, there is now a Show Filters button that opens a new sidebar view of the various filters available for each page. This is meant to make the page appear cleaner, and also to allow for new filters to be added in the future without making these pages too messy.
- In the Settings page, menu items that are related are now grouped together to make the page clearer and easier to understand.
- Inventory items are now managed through a dialog window instead of in a dedicated page. This makes it much quicker to view or edit your inventory items without having to navigate to a new page.
- Added a new On Hold order status, meant to represent orders that need to be put on pause for any kind of reason.
- Added additional column to the Vendor Performance report: Total Wholesale Value of Added Items. This can be helpful to get an idea of how much money you're spending with a vendor in order to compare that to the retail value of the sales for that vendor.
- Fixed bug where the Total Outstanding Amount on the dashboard did not take into account alteration costs, additional work costs, and additional fees in the calculation.
- Added the ability to batch create payments. When creating a payment, you may now select the Multiple Orders option when prompted to associate the payment with an order. This will display an interface that allows you to view all of the customer's open orders at once, including sub-items of an order, such as alteration fees, additional work fees, and other additional fees. You will then be able to either pay for everything in full with the click of a button, or enter a specific payment amount for each order.
- Added new opt-in inventory tracking functionality. This can be enabled by checking the Prompt to Update Inventory Quantity on Customer Order feature in the Inventory Settings. Doing so will allow you to quickly and easily update your inventory quantity every time a customer places a new order for an item.
- Custom fields can now be added to tables/lists. Simply go to the custom field definition and check the Show in Related Tables/Lists which will display the custom field as a column in the object's respective list. This can be done for the following objects: Customers/Prospects, Inventory Items, Orders/Custom Measurements, Appointments (Pending Table), Purchase Orders, and Vendors
- You can now search upon custom fields. For instance, if you have defined a custom field on an inventory item, you can now find inventory items that match that custom field's value through the inventory search functionality
- Added new report: Vendor Performance Report. This report helps you track down various useful metrics about a vendor in a given date range. You can see how many sales are made for that vendor broken down per customer type, their total retail value sold, total wholesale value sold, the average retail markup as a percentage, and how many new items you've added for that vendor.
- You can now send SMS messages directly from an appointment as long as the appointment record has a phone number. If a customer/prospect is eventually created from the appointment, their message history from the appointment record will automatically transfer over to their profile.
- Major user interface refresh throughout the entire app
- Added support for vendor custom fields, which can be managed in the Vendors & Purchase Orders settings.
- Reworked the following calendar-based views: Appointments, Appointment Schedules (in Settings), and Staff Schedules. Although a lot of the functionality remains the same, there are many internal changes that are required to facilitate future evolutions of the calendar-based views. There are also some new features such as a much better "Jump to Date" experience in the appointments calendar, a "Today" button which jumps to the current date, and some updated styling in all of the calendars.
- The customer self-registration form will now automatically fill in the customer type if one has been set on the corresponding appointment type record.
- The inventory item varieties section now allows you to define a color as well. This is an optional field, and in fact you can continue just using the "Stocked Colors" field as before if you don't need to granularly track color varieties.
- The "Item Prices" table that you can view on a customer's order now allows you to select a price to automatically apply it as the customer's order price. This is useful when you have defined several item varieties with different retail prices where CloudBridal can't infer the price automatically.
- Fixed bug where navigating using the "Back" button after viewing an order would cause the page number in the orders table to be reset to the first page. Now it will remember what page you were on and bring you back to that page.
- Added paid appointments. With a connected Stripe account, you can select the Enable Paid Appointments checkbox in the Payments Settings page. This allows you to set a price on any of the Appointment Types that you have created in the Appointments Settings page. If a customer tries to book an appointment for that type, the system will automatically prompt them to enter a card, which will then be charged.
- Added a description field to appointment types. This allows you to set some text about the appointment type that customers will see in the appointment booking form.
- Redesigned several elements of the appointment booking form to improve visuals and usability.
- Added ability to charge payments to a credit/debit card using our payments partner, Stripe. You can connect CloudBridal to a new or existing Stripe account in the Payments Settings, at which point you will be able to initiate charges directly through the CloudBridal payment form. This integration is optional, and you can continue to enter payments as before if you wish to use a different payments processor.
- Added Customer Type column to Payments Created report.
- Added ability to send an invitation for customers to self-register into CloudBridal directly through appointments as an alternative to including a link in the email the customer receives automatically when their appointment is confirmed. The text for this email can be customized in the Customer Registration Settings.
- Added a Copy Registration Link button to appointments where the customer has not yet self-registered. This allows you to manually copy the link and send it to the customer through a non-email communication method - if you would prefer to email them, we recommend using the email feature described above.
- If you have purchase orders enabled, you can now apply the Additional Fees of a customer's order toward their future purchase order. This will be added to the wholesale price of the item when calculating the total price of a purchase order.
- The Customer Registration feature is now fully configurable. You are now able to create sections in the registration form that map to both system fields and custom fields*.* So if you have a lot of custom fields on a customer's profile that you would like them to fill out when they self-register, you can easily create sections in the form to make this possible.
- Added the concept of Dropdown custom fields. For every field type other then Checkbox, you can now set the Display Mode of the field to Dropdown. This allows you to then populate the custom field with a list of selectable options. This is very useful when the answer to a custom field is always within a set of a few possible answers. This is available for all custom fields, including the new Customer Registration form.
- Added new custom field types: Currency and Phone Number. Currency will format your answer as a currency by using your configured currency symbol, and Phone Number will format your answer in your configured phone number format.
- Custom fields are now more intuitive to set up. They can be re-ordered by using drag-and-drop functionality, and the field width can now be set using simple and self-explanatory dropdown options.
- Improved user interface consistency and usability throughout CloudBridal.
- Inventory items now support multiple sizes through the new Item Varieties section on the inventory item page.
- Appointments can now be reinstated from the Store Declined status to a Confirmed status. This helps in situations like for example when a customer wants to propose a new time for an appointment that you already declined. Rather than having to re-type all of the data, you can simply take the existing appointment and change it with the new date.
- The customer quoting feature now lets you define a custom per-item price for the quote.
- Vendors now have a Call action just like customers do. If you have defined a VoIP format in the settings, it will also respect that setting.
- Dashboard inventory financials will now calculate the wholesale and retail values based on your defined quantities.
- The inventory item excel data import feature will now attempt to update existing inventory items rather than always creating new inventory items. It will detect existing items by looking up items with a matching Vendor and Item Name/Style ID.
- Added new documentation link to the side menu
- Merged Time Tracker Settings into Staff Members & Roles Settings
- Enhanced user experience for staff time tracker interface
- Fixed bug where certain form fields in a row would be slightly misaligned
- Fixed bug where customers added through the bridal party interface could not be removed from the bridal party before saving
- Fixed bug where order tax amount displayed as a clearable field even though it is a calculated field that should not be clearable
- Fixed bug where in certain cases, the Appointment Resource Usage report would throw an error
- Fixed bug where in certain cases, the Customer Popular Wedding Months widget on the dashboard would throw an error
- Added new customer setting: VoIP Custom URL Format. This is useful for those who call their customers using a VoIP system. Setting a value like "https://example.org/TELEPHONENUMBER" in this field will cause the "Call Customer" functionality to route to this URL and it will also replace the TELEPHONENUMBER placeholder with the customer's actual phone number
- The appointments calendar now allows you to filter the appointments by the appointment status: All, Pending, Confirmed, Declined by Store, and Cancelled by Customer. This filter also works when using the "Find a customer's appointment" search functionality
- Adjusted print styles to generally be more compact and have a reduced font size. This applies in all places that open the print page, including customer receipts, quotes, bridal party summary, etc.
- Creating a payment now allows you to manually set the payment date instead of always defaulting to the current date
- Added new Childrenswear inventory item type, which is disabled by default. In addition, every inventory item type can now be enabled or disabled individually, in case there are certain item types that you do not sell in your store. This is configured in the Inventory Item settings
- Added support for UK-based pricing in GBP. Existing UK customers are grandfathered into previous US-based pricing in USD, but anyone wishing to switch to the new subscription may contact email@example.com
- Improved the layout and spacing of the customer appointment request form
- Added a new "Direct Link" mode to the customer appointment request form, which can be used in place of the embeddable link. Using this mode of the form will include things like your logo image at the top, and will also include proper centering and spacing, as opposed to the embeddable link which spans the full width of the window.
- Emails which are sent to customers or prospects will now display your branded logo image if it has been configured
- Increased the font size of emails to improve legibility
- Appointments can now be searched based on a customer's name, phone number, or email. This also surfaces Store Declined and Customer Cancelled appointments, which previously could not be viewed in any way
- In the appointment settings, there is a new field that allows you to set the number of months in the future that a customer is allowed to request appointments up to
- When declining a customer's appointment, sending an email is now optional and can be turned off by clicking the new checkbox in the appointment declination popup
- The Appointment Updated email that is sent to customers when the appointment status changes can now use custom text in the header. This custom text can be configured on a per-status basis: Pending, Confirmed, Store Declined, and Customer Cancelled. This and some of the other previous settings related to appointment emails can be found in the new section at Settings > Appointments > Email Settings
- The customers list can now be sorted alphabetically by their name
- Address fields are now biased toward your physical location, so you will now see more relevant address results. Note: you must allow CloudBridal to access your location when prompted in order to use this feature
- The styling for emails has been refreshed to feel more modern
- Added email templates. These are used to store the text of common email messages, which can then be re-used any time you need to send the same message. These can be managed from any customer's record by clicking Contact > Send Email
- Added sent email history, which allows you to view which emails have been sent to a customer. You can also see the latest known status of the email, such as if the customer has opened the email or if the email failed to be delivered to their inbox.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed issue where the Create New Customer button in the bridal party section did not work
- The appointment date notes field now offers a rich text field, so you can format notes instead of having a plain text string
- The store can now be marked as closed for a specific date (e.g. holiday) in the calendar through the notes dialog. Doing so will prevent customers from being able to request new appointments on that date
- The appointment calendar now remembers your last seen time view (day, week, month), and will return you to that time view next time you visit the appointments page instead of always defaulting to the week view
- The appointment notes section is now more prominent in both day and week views
- Improved usability of the appointment settings
- Added ability to bulk import inventory items from an excel template into CloudBridal (requires Ultimate plan)
- Added indicator for when release notes have been updated
- Added a Call option in the customer details page
- Added the ability to enable/disable each of the customer contact options
- New reports:
- Appointment Resource Usage: Breaks down the number of appointments by status for each appointment resource
- Appointment Type Usage: Breaks down the number of appointments by status for each appointment type
- Added release notes modal and app version indicator
- Improved navigation bar search visibility and functionality
- Rework of Purchase Orders feature
- Added ability to send free-form emails to customers
- Added Prospects feature to help differentiate between prospects that have not placed an order and customers that have placed an order
- Inventory items now support the ability to set multiple options for the following fields: Customer Types, Fabrics, Silhouettes, Necklines, and Embellishments
- Added a configurable Terms and Conditions page for receipts
- Added ability to set inventory item prices as tax inclusive
- Added ability to set a custom label for tax (e.g. VAT)
- Added several new date fields to Orders Created report
- Added emoji picker to SMS form
- Added new dashboard alert for customers that are not associated to a staff member
- Fixed bug where retail price would not automatically populate in a new order
- Fixed bug where order alteration price could not be set for orders past the New status
- Receipt font and spacing is now more consistent
- Fixed bug where some inbound SMS messages would not display